Ridding choppy roads? Have a safe journey with our ultimate tool.
Let’s see how ACT data can be migrated to Microsoft CRM. This example explains how you can import data using .CSV format files into Microsoft CRM.
Conversion from ACT to Microsoft CRM is done in two steps.
- Export data from ACT.
- Import the data into Microsoft CRM.
Exporting Data from ACT
This example shows how you can export contact data from ACT database into .CSV format files. You should follow this procedure.
- Select the File option from the Menu
- Select Data Exchange – Export option. This will open the Export Wizard.
- Select Text – Delimited in the File Type option.
- Enter the file location and give filename with .CSV extension. Click Next.
- If you want to export contact records then select contact records option. Click Options.
- Select comma option for the field separator option.
- In the exports fieldnames section, select yes and select export fieldnames checkbox.
- Select OK.
- Select Next
- Select All Records. Click on Finish.
This will create a file with .CSV extension. You can import this file easily into Microsoft CRM.
Importing data into Microsoft Dynamics CRM
You can take different approaches mentioned below to import data into Microsoft CRM. Some of them are explained here.
- Microsoft CRM SDK
- Data Migration Framework
- Bulk Import Wizard
Microsoft CRM SDK
You can transport data into a custom entity. Microsoft CRM SDK provides facility to generate a program which can be used for migration purpose.
Data Migration Framework
Data Migration Framework is a part of Data Migration Pack offered by Microsoft Dynamics CRM. Data migration framework uses common data format (CDF) database. You have to first bring data CDF database. From the CDF database you can send data to Microsoft CRM. Using Microsoft CRM you can map Microsoft CRM data with source data.
Bulk Import Wizard
This utility is normally used by salesmen. It allows them to manage accounts, campaigns and contacts. Data should be in the simple text format with comma or semicolon delimiter. It supports .CSV type of files as well.
Migrating data can be a daunting task and can eat up your time, money and energy. Our unique tool is designed to give impeccable results and give you simply the best. Get it now!!!