Save 50% of your time in converting Sales Logix to Microsoft CRM with our unique tool. Conversion from Sales Logix to Microsoft CRM is done in two steps.
- Export data from Sales Logix.
- Import the data into Microsoft CRM.
Exporting Data from SalesLogix
You can use quickXporter utility. It allows data to be exported into following formats.
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- Rich Text
- Plain Text
- CSV Format (comma delimited)
- SYLK Format
- Data Interchange Format (DIF)
QuickXporter utility is compatible with all the versions of SalesLogix, however you need ODBC DSN or BDE alias to connect to the data source.
Following are the steps involved to export data using quickXporter.
- Select ODBC DSN and you will be asked to enter username and password.
- Select Table Name, you want to export.
- Choose columns of the selected table you want to export. Check the columns which you want to export and uncheck the columns which you don’t want to export.
- Click on the ‘Export Data’ Button.
- Enter the export format.
- Select one of the options for the output, whether you want to view the output or send it to a file. If you want to send output to the file, then enter the filename with full pathname.
After you have exported the data you need to bring that data into Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
Importing data into Microsoft Dynamics CRM
Microsoft Dynamics CRM provides different tools to import data. They are mentioned below.
- Bulk Import Wizard
- Data Migration Framework
- Microsoft CRM SDK
Bulk Import Wizard
The Bulk Import Wizard imports can be used by sales personal to enter contacts, marketing list, leads, accounts and campaign responses.
It requires data to be imported from simple text file format or comma-delimited CSV format files. Simple text files should be in semicolon, colon, semicolon or tab delimited format.
Data Migration Framework
Data Migration Framework is part of Microsoft Dynamics CRM, Data Migration Pack. Data migration framework uses common data format (CDF) database. You are required to fetch data into CDF database from various sources then you bring them into Microsoft CRM. Data migration framework provides facility to map your source data with Microsoft CRM data.
Microsoft CRM SDK
You should migrate data into a custom entity, utilize Microsoft CRM SDK to generate a custom program for migration.
If you have ample free time, and don’t mind getting hitched a few times, and if you believe in learning the trial and error way or leaving behind a crucial step, may be you can try converting Sales Logix to Microsoft CRM on your own.
On the other hand, if you believe in the best, and want to save precious time, and get the work done in 100% error free and professional way, then it is prudent that you use our unique tool.